Wednesday, May 11, 2011

10 Days left?

When I posted that comment (question) on Facebook, I wondered what reaction I would get. I thought if a lot of folks knew about this, I'd get some response. I got NONE. Just WTF, basically.

I realize a lot of people just roll their eyes at apocalyptic talk, but if you read my novel you know it begins and ends with Doomsday thoughts. I've always been fascinated with End Times, cryptic Nostradamus prophecy, the Mayan calendar that ends at 2012, and even Revelations. But even I find it incredulous to pinpoint a precise DAY using biblical references. Which version or translation of the bible? and how can two thousand year old material correlate to our Gregorian calendar, adopted around 500 years ago?

Even so I must point out a few weird things: 1) I've been planning a trip to California (for May), but recently (before I heard of this Rapture date), I developed extreme anxiety about earthquakes. I mean waking up in a cold sweat from nightmares involving "the big one." Today I learned this group claims a major earthquake will start the Rapture, which they say occurs on May 21st. Yes, a few days from now. 2) Back in 1988 I received strange messages -- Cosmic "Transmissions" about End Times. I recalled the date being 2012, but when I checked (this morning), the time frame began in 2011 culminating in 2012. Sorry, but that's downright creepy to me.

5 comments:

mo said...

creepy is the understatement of the ... um .... continuum! really, to have what you wrote in 1988 show up today with all the recent rapture talk is downright eerie.

BobR said...

Unlike Mo, I think rapture talk is irrelevant and has nothing at all to do with the liberating teachings of Jesus, who showed us what we are capable of. He didn't tell us - nor have any idea of - how long it would take us to get to his level of loving each other and trusting the Divine Father.

ZenWoman said...

(Reposting to correct error)

Well, irrelevant is a bit strong. Revelations, and all prophets, warn us not to tip the scales too far toward greed and mis-use of our beautiful planet. Often these warnings are difficult to bear because deep in our heart and soul we KNOW things are wrong in the world. For those with "ears to hear" (as I believe Jesus said) we might heed the warnings.

And, Bob, with your concern about wealth distribution, some of the warnings are much like Dickens "Scrooge" story. The wealthy continue to feast while the poor are forced to beg in the streets for crumbs. Not the picture many Americans had of our wonderful, promising USA, but one that has emerged. So, we might do well to listen to the apocalyptic messages>>> first, comes the white horse as power, the 2nd red one as the sword, the 3rd black horse with the scales of justice and the pale fourth horse showing the resulting famines, plagues and death.

Whether we have a Rapture next week, or not, this greedy world is not very loving and could benefit from a little introspection. If it takes Judgment talk to "Wake Up" America, then so be it.

(NJP is my alter ego -- Niki ;) I can't seem to post here as ZenWoman (another sign? ;)

ej Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ZenWoman said...

At some point the comments "re-appeared." Also, Camping now claims the world will end October 21, 2011 -- well the Rapture will begin.

This is creepier. More in line with the info in the old TRS material!!