Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11-12-13

Yep, another trip to the Bosque del Apache (New Mexico's bird sanctuary.)  This is my third visit with the Van (not seen here, just Snow Geese.)  And, this is just a few of the geese that actually come to the 57-thousand acre refuge each fall. 

I enjoy the trip, usually my last of the season with the RV Van before I have to winterize the water pipes (kitchen/bathroom sinks and such.)

So, on this 11-12-13 I talked with Brother Jeff for a couple of hours. His birthday was the 10th while I was hibernating with the birds.  I sent him a Higgs-Boson watch, which he just opened and enjoyed.  Earlier I was working on a short story which I hope to finish this week and submit to Writer's Digest. 

Short stories have not been my forte, but during this cycle of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)  I am not interested in writing a novel or nonfiction, so I've settled on a couple of short stories.  If one grabs me I could expand to a novella, but I'm not even trying to make the 50K goal this cycle. It's my tenth time  (even tho the Nano site says 9th.)  You can do the math.  I started in 2004, so 2013 makes ten events. I've proven several times I can write fifty thousand words in a month.  But, doing so creates a messy word pile that takes a year or more to edit into something coherent.  Been there, done that, not doing it this time.

If I sound disinterested, it's because I'm tired of promoting my writing. I didn't want to be a sales person, constantly begging people to buy or read my books. It's extremely uncomfortable.  

Anyway, I wanted to blog on this auspicious date.

No comments: