Thursday, March 5, 2009

tweeting

Look at how much my blog pic and PerezHilton's look the same! Wow, Horselover_fat is out there, too!! :)

Micro-blogging! What a hoot! I've been hearing more and more about Twitter. I thought it must be another Facebook thing, and I really have no interest in MySpace or Facebook. But, with so much buzz the last couple of weeks, the whole world's a Twitter! Barbara Wa Wa explaining it on the View, the founder on Charlie Rose (PBS), Anderson Cooper tweeting! I had to check it out. Well, you really can't unless you sign up. so I did. I've only been Tweeting a few hours, and I have six followers! More than on my blog. (that could be bad -- creepy stalkers?)

Which brings me to the point of this post. Why do we do this? Blog, tweet, put ourselves out in public? I've been thinking about it a lot. I know why the WOW writing group blog is good. We're a bunch of writers from all over the US that couldn't have the exchange we do without the blog. That was the reason I set up my first blog years ago, in hopes it would evolve into an online writing group. It never did. I still have that first post. (Xanga April, 2001)

But, generic blogging? Networking? Everyone networks or collaborates in some way, unless you're a hermit, right? I heard Marc Andreessen explain it as being just a few degrees away from anyone. (Marc, you know, developed the browser, as we know it.) I have no answer here. I would love for whoever sees this to comment -- PLEASE -- with pros and cons. I can think of more cons, but hate to put those negative vibes out there.

As for Twitter, it's just a hoot. You simply answer that basic Twitter Question: So, What are you doing now? (only 140 characters, but hard to resist!) I'm blogging! What are YOU doing?

2 comments:

mo said...

twitter = fritter (as in "fritter away my valuable writing time")

;)

mo said...

i joined the Twitteratti ;)

couldn't be helped, i was lured in and couldn't find my way out!