Saturday, October 31, 2009

it begins...

The scariest time of the year is approaching -- the Midnight Hour of October 31. This year there's even a full moon. No, not Halloween. No, not All Saints Day. Where are the dang spooky sound effects when you need them? (Muahaha haha -- evil laughter) Silly rabbit, it's NaNoWriMo time! Why so scary, you ask. Cause we're committing to write 50,000 words in a month! Give that a whirl! (Word Count updates to the right, and below!)

There's a Midnight Kickoff party here in ABQ for National Novel Writing Month. But, for a couple of reasons, I'm not going. I'm there in Spirit, though and so apropos for this night ;) (waxing poetic, too!) Here's a silly NaNo Rebel forum post (can non-Nanos see that? If they can will they answer? ) Only one response to my last question, therefore you people are punished (or blessed) cause I'm not posting during Nano (nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo) I am totally wacked tonight -- must be the extra sugar high! Mo and me and the NaNos (tee hee!)

For the month of November, I will expend all my writing energy on my novel. It begins at the stroke of midnight! You can track me here: (look to your right at the Word Count Widget, which is working now. ) Yay!!

Update Info:
Edited nearly 12,000 words Sunday, Nov 8!! Current Goal - edit 100 pages by Nov 13!
(I know it's WriMo, not EdMo, but I'm a Cheetah and Rebel ;)

19K (Wednesday eve) That's 55 pages. I don't think I can double that by Friday. I will exceed the 25K goal, though. This is hard work!

35K (Sunday, Nov 22) Ok, that first estimate was too optimistic. I still have 1800 words to edit to complete the first 102 pages. Good Grief. There's another 228 pages of novel after that! Who thought of writing this frickin' thing anyway ;)

1 comment:

ZenWoman said...

This crazy Kid, Donnie on YouTube is perfect for the Halloween launch! Actually, it's only 2 minutes and he says some true things about writing!