Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Intergalactic Release!

At 7:30 tonight, A Kindred Spirit (my metaphysical novel about Philip K Dick) was discussed on KGNU radio in Colorado! This was the first public announcement about the book. After learning that the first U.S. Philip K Dick Festival would be held in August of this year, I decided that would be the perfect venue for the official release. Luckily, PKD festival organizer Dave Hyde agreed. So, we determined the International -- or Intergalactic Release -- would take place in Nederland, CO (sort of like Neverland, right?) just a few miles from Boulder.

Hyde spent quite a bit of time explaining the premise of the novel, and even used my disclaimer that "Any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental." I'm tired from a long day of finishing up the cover art, and talking to the publisher, or I would add more. I taped his comments. For now, I'm just thrilled to have such a perfect way to release the novel. We decided today to create an FDO Limited Edition for the festival. FDO, of course, is For Dickheads Only, in remembrance of Hyde's fun Phil 'zine. yay!

5 comments:

mo said...

w00t! exciting stuff, for sure. can't wait to listen to the interview. this is a BIG step forward, and it's triple exciting. congrats :D

elpolvo said...

Nederland Colorado... great place for an Intergalactic release. In 1968 I drove my 1954 Ford pickup full of hitchhikers to Nederland for an Intergalactic convention of LSD crazed hippies.

We slept in the forest... (we didn't sleep much). A couple of dudes and dudesses saw GOD there that night.

Congrats on the release and the excellent choice of location.

Anonymous said...

I know Nederland, at least as it was in the early 70's - ah, the memories! I went to CU in Boulder, and seem to remember some partying was done in Nederland . . .
anyway, congrats on the radio publicity - that's exciting!
kbg

Anonymous said...

Your new cover looks great, Jami. Good job! When does the book come out?

ZenWoman said...

I have four comments, plus this and the blog only said three. I've also received several emails and a few tweets. I'm in "lock down" mode for Memorial Day weekend trying to get this ready for a proof/galley . The editor on the link doesn't like them. Mine won't be FREE and I may use those for the FDO limited edition. We'll see.