Friday, October 12, 2012

Living with WHO?

 
Can relationships survive different political views?  

Did I just hear this correctly? Did Whoopi Goldberg (on "The View") call it dumb to base who you love on what they think? Really? Geez, one of the most opinionated people I can think of  (next to myself ;) and someone who also chooses to live alone for that very reason! How could I love or live with someone who didn't respect my choices about my own body, my choice of religion, life philosophy, beliefs about what I consume (both mentally and physically), how to treat other life forms (all sentient beings have a right to live) and yes, political views.  Why would you want to live with someone who constantly creates dis-ease and dissension?

This flows both ways. I realize my views might seem strange or disturbing to others, and that is exactly why I don't want to live with anyone who doesn't share my basic beliefs. For their sake and mine, who needs constant bickering and disagreement? Congress isn't bi-partisan enough to pass a budget or a bill, so how could two people with radically different views about abortion, planned parenthood, money or religion live together comfortably?  And people wonder why there is so much DIS-ease, ulcers, indigestion, high blood pressure and even cancer? Living with people who constantly disrupt and upset you is not a recipe for happiness. Remind me again, Whoopi, how many failed relationships have you had? Maybe the really dumb thing is trying to ignore the elephant in the kitchen. Donkeys and elephants just don't see eye-to-eye. Character DOES matter, when it comes to who I vote for, and certainly who or whom I would live with. As for someone who is anti-choice and thinks it's okay for the government to regulate my sexual or reproductive choices, YES that is definitely a "deal-breaker."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOP doesn't want women to have an abortion, and doesn't want to take care of women who have children. How can any woman vote Romney?