Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fascist Police State

What we're writing and even eating is being tracked by the U.S. government. Honestly! I just sent the following emails. Blogging is fine, but one of our remaining rights is to contact our political leaders directly. I urge you to do the same.

Dear Mr. Edwards; I just sent the following email to to my Congressman (Bingaman.) But, as my Presidential candidate, I feel it's crucial that you also see this and take immediate action. I will be submitting an Op-Ed piece to the Des Moines Register (as a former Iowan), explaining why I feel it is essential that you emerge as the front-runner there. I intend to include something about the danger of these excessive Executive Powers in that piece, too.

Senator Bingaman; I must rely on you as my only Democratic congressional representative, to take decisive and immediate action against these outrageous Presidential directives (NSPD51 and HSPD 20) that give the Bush administrative excessive Executive powers. I have recently learned about directives to the FBI to monitor our email, personal activities and even our FOOD consumption, as ways to profile terrorist activities. I am a life-long, born-in-America, US Citizen. And if, as an open-minded "Anglo" female, I eat Mediterranean food, read Islamic literature, or even visit a Mosque, that is my absolute right. Or, at least I thought so, until I reviewed these directives. We are losing our Constitutional rights. I am shocked that the President has the power to order such monitoring and profiling of my activities. We have become the Fascists (authoritarian political ideology) and racists, and should not be interfering or intervening in the affairs of other nations when our own government is in shambles.

Correcting this situation, excessive Executive powers and directives, must be your top priority. This can be resolved quickly since you have Democratic control now. Then you can address climate, oil dependency and solar energy incentives. I know I speak for many who will not take the time to write. Protect US! Please act now.

No comments: