Thursday, May 7, 2009

Odd Day

It's an odd day. No, really -- today is 5-7-9 It felt odd, too.
I couldn't really get anything going today. Salmon Day (swimming upstream ;) Record heat here, over 90 today. I became obsessed with Kindle DX and the new MiFi (personal mobile internet access.) Finally late afternoon things cleared.

I need to get all this oddball stuff out of my mind and settle down. Wesak 24 hours has already started. (Buddhist "High Holy Days") It's time to be quiet, meditate and write, but not this crazy nonsense. Some introspective Mindful writing. I'm not going to rehash what Wesak is... read last year's post. This year it's at 10:01 Friday night in NM. The moon is full, and tomorrow is the 8th -- Infinity. For now, just read Odd Hours (or any of Oddie's adventures.) I'll be back AFTER Wesak. 8
PS - for a Real Adventure, check Shambhala! let's go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not Odd now, it's Wesak! Yay. Saw your Sweet Tweet -- here ya go,

http://livingmetaphysics.com/metaphysics/wesak-full-moon-festival-of-light/

Enjoy your meditation!

ZenWoman said...

Sorry, I took out a bunch of "junk" from the May 7 post cause after all it IS the Wesak now and why have this mess between May 8 post and my tribute to Thay. (Thich Nhat Hahn) Here's the junk I took out....

The cable guy came and fixed my porch cable. That's odd - can't get enough TV, had to hook up another one. On the porch I should be writing, or enjoying nature and real life, not flickering images on a screen (as Al Gore once called it.) Other odd things: Elizabeth Edwards felt the need to tell Oprah and her ten million viewers about John's affair. Why? Why write a tell-all book now unless they can't afford that 28-thousand square foot home. I just heard this one today SITCOM - Single Income Two Children Oppressive Mortgage. And that stupid Drew Peterson was arrested. He was trying to marry his fifth cute young thing. Gee, you think he could pay alimony to four X's? No, so you knock off a couple of 'em instead.

See, just a bunch of blather. Forget it. It is the Wesak and I feel fine!!! Namaste to all!