Sunday, August 29, 2010

Don't Panic over FDO!

PLEASE don't judge the AKS book by it's FDO. In other words, I know the early release sucks. It's riddled with errors. PLEASE trust that I have many people who are very detailed editors, proof-readers, grammarians, fact-checkers, Dick-heads and all the gross mistakes will be fixed. Many already have been in my working copy.

Let me explain again, to attend the PKD Festival I had to rush a proof copy, basically an advanced reader copy, as the FDO Limited Edition. This was guaranteed to have errors. This is why I either gave them away or sold them cheap. Relax! The book is under extreme scrutiny.

I also knew someone would come out swinging about use of PKD or someone in the book. It's FICTION! I have a legal advisor and Editor. We have good advice on what we can and can't do. Fictional characters are just that -- products of my imagination. I may have been inspired by real people, but no one in the book is REAL! As my Editor says, "No one. Not even Phil." After all, my version of Phil is in the afterlife.

PLEASE check the Errata Sheet and send in any corrections, mistakes, typos, or anything confusing you find as you read the pre-release Dick-head copy (the FDO version.) Know that I am working long hours, as are my army of readers and editors, to make this a great final product. DON'T PANIC!

No comments: