Saturday, September 15, 2007

Queen of Mean

I've had a lot of blog fodder rolling around in my head, but I've tried to be good and work only on the novel. I have to spit some of this out cause it's clogging my brain. Leona Hemsley leaving 12 Mil to her dog. I know that upset some people, but that's better than the sports ass who was killing and torturing dogs. Now that upsets me. F him. I've always thought of leaving my money (what little there is) to whoever would take care of my pet (s) should they survive me. Why not leave $$ to Isadora for the person who would step up if I stroke out. Of course, this kind of tips my hand. I'll have to build in some safeguards to make sure whoever it is truly takes care of her in the style she's accustomed to -- and that means riding in the "rig", going on trips, eating well, etc. PJMR (you know who U R.) If you're reading this you'll have to help with that one!

Speaking of sports a-holes, the "IF I did it" book is out. At least the proceeds are going to the Goldman family and not OJ. Can you possibly imagine anyone writing anything like that if they didn't do it. Come on. I read somewhere that testosterone/hormone, steroids and adrenaline are all linked to RAGE. I know this from personal experience and past hormonal imbalances. So these jerks that are all hopped up on steroids are capable of anything. I'm sure OJ did it and now we have the confession.

And finally, speaking of mean, I watched Christopher Hitchens on "book tv" last weekend. Like Bill Maher, he's an Athiest. I have to wrestle with how I feel about that. One of my idols, who figures in my novel, John Gribbin, once said he didn't believe anything. Here's his precise quote, "My own opinion is that belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead." That was my man Gribbin. Hitchens, on the other hand, is not so eloquent. He calls religion "a crazy self-centered idea." He did make a valid point about the pious -- those who pretend to be devout. And, I did laugh when he talked about the "pinched and scorny faces of the pious." OK, pious is pathetic, but authentic spiritual beliefs are another matter. And, that's enough for now. Gotta meet my AKS editing goal, or else!

No comments: