Friday, December 14, 2007

TV

I hate to admit this, but I spend way too much time watching TV. For instance, I'm watching several episodes of "House" as I write this. I think it's one of the best series. House is a wildly complicated character -- a witty, pain killer-addicted, arrogant, anti-social doctor. His colleague and friend Wilson, and former lover/female hospital administrator Cuddy are enablers and equally complex. It's not a typical medical show -- it's highly unusual. Hugh Laurie is Oxford English and yet there's not a hint of accent in the mean-spirited character he plays.

I'm bummed to be missing Dexter, but not enough to subscribe to Showtime. I pay way too much as is for cable TV. I DVR and watch On Demand. As for Dexter, guess I'll have to wait and get episodes on DVD. I loved Michael C. Hall in "6 Feet Under" and I'm sure he makes a great serial-killing cop.

I also like Boston Legal, Monk, tons of stuff on PBS, Dirty Sexy Money (another 6FU fav), and believe it or not, the cartoon series "Family Guy." The intellectual baby Stewie is hilarious. So much so, i had to get a 2008 calendar of just him. I should be writing about John Edwards and trying to persuade you to vote for him. (Been there, done that. Now I'm waiting to see if my letter gets published in the Des Moines Register. If so, I'll link right here!!!)

What started this TV talk tonight was seeing something on Amazon that makes me salivate! Northern Exposure was one of my all time favorites. Right up there with... Twilight Zone and, yes, Alfred Hitchcock. Remember Dr. Joel Fleischman? Cynical, bitter, intellectual. Wow -- kind of House-like, eh? Or maybe I like House cause I miss Joel. How about the quirky, intellectual, philosophical radio DJ (played by -- come on. What's his name?) or Ed, the young Native American Shaman/film director wanna- be. Just look at that amazing complete set in a cowhide bag. But, wait... I read some of the reviews and the music is missing? WTF#$%!!^%$ The Music was such an intregal part of that show. OK, forget that set. sigh! Back to getting Edwards elected...

No comments: