Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09.09.09

At 9:09 today -- 09.09.09 I stopped. I even unplugged all the electrical stuff in the house. I wanted a moment of real quiet. It was great. I really believe all the electro-magnetic waves and energy affects us. Yeah, people "poo-poo'd" environmental contamination, too, until we saw polluted communities where everyone is deformed or has cancer.

I realized that's probably why I really enjoy sitting outside in the front yard. All the power lines are in the back. Maybe subconsciously it was affecting me. All I know is I like the front yard and there are NO wires nearby. I hear birds chirping and a hint of wind chimes from the neighbor. ( I want more of those, again.) I can position my reclining camp chair so I see mostly trees and greenery. This is interrupted occasionally by some low-rider cruising down my street blasting ranchero music, or the tree guy and his chain saw. That's pretty disturbing ;) But, I get long stretches in the early morning of quiet and it's great for PM star gazing, too.

I'm blogging outside, and I like it! (sans power cord, of course.) So, back to NINE. The title link is to a numerology site that claims nine is all about the Utopian Dream, creativity and imagination. Good! I need that for the upcoming months if I'm really going to finish this languishing novel. I thought of today as a giant reset button. I didn't do so hot on 08.08.08 so I envisioned a new opportunity.

After the 09 moment passed, I randomly opened Pema, Eckhart and Thay for some wisdom. Here's want I found: Pema says our attempts to live more humanely are not wasted, even if we fail. We keep trying. All efforts to cultivate peace and harmony over anger and prejudice may ultimately save humanity from extinction. My random message from Eckhart Tolle is how arguments are hazardous to our health. (We know this one ;) Getting mad raises blood pressure and hardens arteries. Even thinking about unpleasant events causes physical reactions in us. This is why forgiving and forgetting is good for our physical and mental health. Finally, Thay (Thich Nhat Hanh) says meditation reveals and heals. He says under the gaze of meditation, hatred reveals it's nature and we can remove the thorn -- just like removing a thorn from our foot. Every step is peace once it's gone.

No comments: