Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Do it Right... please!

I cannot believe nine days have passed since I posted. Time is flying here at Casa Suavita! Working on my creative writing assignments and spending time online "over there" at WD WOW consumed my time. Yeah, ok, the big confession -- and far too much TV. Talk about Kleishas. I've become a total news junkie. Jeeez! My friends think I'm nuts. I know way too much about Tim Geithner, the Stimulous Plan and bank bail-out. Yeah, it's good to be informed, but I'm over the line. I promised some news black out days, and I've got to start. I've justified this excessive viewing due to these historical events -- Obama Inauguration, first press conferences, and all these economic plans. But, the Senate just now passed the Stimulous 61-37 (had to haul Ted Kennedy in on a stretcher, but got it done.) It's a given the two bills will be reconciled and signed into law quickly now. So, it's time to step away from the TV now.

Actually I really want to rant right now, but I'm trying to restrain myself. I certainly hope spending $838 Billion of tax money will improve our national infrastructure, and start our conversion to a greener future with solar and wind power to replace our ungodly oil and fossil fuel dependence. I'm still going to email the Whitehouse and add my voice to the plea for sane spending. It can't just be any wild or wasteful spending. These billions better be for infrastructure and not more bureaucracy. Please, let's do this right and not just make a big financial mess for the future.

I just reached for the remote to turn off the tube, but instead I switched to C-span. I need an intervention now. HELP!

1 comment:

mo said...

here's a little light reading to help you thru your withdrawal efforts, courtesy of my "political group" on yahoo, where the bailout is the hot topic of the day/week/month:
Nobel economist Joseph Stiglitz
Anna Schwartz
Leading economist Kenneth Rogoff
Lords of Finance