Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Finish Line

I'm not done, but I'm the closest I've ever been to publishing my novel. I met with my editor Friday and he was pleased with my progress. He really feels we can publish by the Summer Solstice.
(I have a thing about the Precession of the Equinoxes, it's an important part of my story.) I've already logged 35 of the 50 hours I pledged to edit for National Novel Editing Month-- that's 70% of my goal. I've been averaging three hours a day. So, if any of you Nanoers find your way here, please post a quick comment -- even if just to say "HI, I stopped by!" Thanks!

Here's the Log again for the 300+ of us editing this month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me out. I'm not really planning to publish this book. I'm 13 and spending 3-5 hours a day just staring at the manuscript was frustrating me. The worst thing was that I was spending 1 hour and 15 minutes on a chapter of 2500 words, and for me that was too much.
I'm planning to continue editing in my free time - not to get 50 hours. I think I was just editing badly when I wanted the hours - and that's not going to get me anywhere. -- A

Anonymous said...

"I'm buying one of your books Jami! I found those blogs on our Aunt Lorene--of course they're pretty much fiction, but I'll send them to you today or tomorrow. the stories are based after her character."
-- cuz doug

ZenWoman said...

I dreamed of running and racing last night... busting through a ribbon at the finish line. How obvious, but shows where my mind is!