Thursday, July 22, 2010

What's Really Real?

My novel is being printed right now! It's the weirdest feeling. I felt sick when the upload was underway. I've calmed down, but only because it's a Limited Edition run. I know I can still fix flaws before it's truly published and placed into the worldwide distribution system. I cannot explain how unnerving this is. It's been mine for so long. My story. Now the world is going to scrutinize it, examine it, judge it. I really understand why Harper Lee and JD Salinger went underground.
I wanted to share this because the feeling was unexpected. I don't hear other writers telling this side of it. Maybe they do. Send me a link in comments if you see blog posts or articles on other authors freaking out. Anyway, a box of FDO (for Dick-heads only) books will arrive by the end of the month. I will stare at the box and say, "Is this really real?" A box of my books? Holy Mushroom, Batman! I could sure use some of that PKD Salvation in a spray can about now ;)

No comments: