Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Solstice

I had planned to rant and rave about how the Iranian election scandal isn't much worse than the 2000 U.S. General Election. For the youngins, that was when Bush stole the Presidency from Al Gore. You know, endless Recount, hanging chads...
But, it's the Solstice, so on a lighter note: It's that time of year again when we pay homage to the sun god Rah
Rah! Rah! Rah! Ha, ha ha! I stole that line but it was worth stealing, don't ya think? (sun, light -- good huh?)

Really, on this auspicious occasion (and ALL Solstices and Equinoxes are auspicious in my realm) we should remember to banish negativity and promote creativity.


I need to think up a ritual in a hurry, with only two hours to go, especially since it's the Tropic of Cancer and that's my sun sign. Of course, I will meditate, light a candle, burn some incense (Copal) at the appointed time. And, do Yoga Sun Salutations followed by T'ai Chi Sunday morning. Is that enough? Journal on any insights that come during these times. Maybe a Tarot or I-ching reading. If there was more time, a Chakra Cleansing, find my Tesla Purple engery plate and sit on the serenity pillow (ok, I'm just seeing how far I can go.) Oh Gee, I know... how about WRITING (like on my novel that commemorates the Solstice and various cosmic events??) That might be TOO obvious.

OK, all, Happy Solstice! Seriously, just reflect for a moment on renewing your Spirit and releasing any old negative patterns. In the Light -- Rah Rah!! Go Sun!
Click the title for story on Solstice at Stonehenge!

No comments: