Thursday, June 25, 2009

This is it...

First I was in shock, and for several hours I've been sad. It's really hard to believe Michael Jackson is dead. I wanted to believe he could perform one last tour and restore his tarnished image. But, this really is it... it's over now. We have what we have. Fabulous music videos, amazing CD's and I have three books about him -- "Unauthorized" the controversial 1994 biography; "Dancing the Dream" a beautiful 1992 full color pictorial of his life, and the 1991 "Magic and Madness" first edition of the "scandal" biography (it was updated in 2003, I believe.)

In the days and weeks to come there will be new revelations -- some insightful treasures, but mostly trash. Neverland will become like Graceland, a Mecca for fans.
How do I feel? Numb. What did MJ mean to me? Yes, he was odd and eccentric, but aren't all great geniuses? Mozart, da Vinci, Tesla, even Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) was odd. I'm not surprised he died young. He was fragile and probably frail. Look what he has been through. Who could endure such scrutiny and constant emotional assault? If it is possible to Rest in Peace, I hope he can. Namaste MJ!

4 comments:

ZenWoman said...

I guess I'll do my own commenting on my own blog, since no one else ever does.
1) his Will. My own is out of date and names someone who I absolutely do not want administering my estate.
(I'll fix that in the next week now, so don't try to slip me a Mickey!) If MJ's will is from 2002 it's totally outdated. He changes associates, physicians and lifestyle the way the rest of us change underwear. He should have changed his will equally as often.

2) Public Viewing at Neverland? This will turn into the biggest mob mess, traffic jams and possible deaths on CA highways, and heat strokes. 4th of July weekend? No facilities... OMG

3) drugs -- I'm sure. That's just sad. Enablers everywhere, and addicts push away the only people who truly care and can help. Tragic.

mo said...

what time is your flight to L.A. tomorrow (mon jul 6)??

ZenWoman said...

Well, today (July 7) really was it -- the memorial service. I guess there is still the burial or spreading of ashes... and, of course endless legal battles. I watched all two hours of it in real time this am. It was amazing. Even the artists I don't usually care for did wonderful tributes to MJ. He was more than just the King of Pop (Pepsi) -- he WAS the Ultimate Entertainer of our time; more dramatic, unique and spectacular than the Beatles or Elvis. Michael combined singing, dancing and bombastic theatrics like no one else. His multi-million dollar productions such as Thriller, Remember the Time, Black or White and the 1996 mini-movie "Ghosts" were true extravaganzas. I feel grateful to have witnessed all five decades and anxiously await the release of the final rehearsal videos. Goodnight and goodbye MJ!

ZenWoman said...

Yikes! for the MJ cover crazy, here's a link with lots, including the rare Newsweek . Rare because we only found it at one mag place in ABQ, and now they've vanished. If you see one, in ABQ, let me know!