Monday, February 1, 2010

ersatz errata

That could be a good blog name, IMHO! In no particular order and without rhyme nor reason, here are things clogging up my brain that are keeping me from novel writing this morning.
The Grammy's. Good grief! I watched all 3.5 hours of it last night. It was like a car wreck from which I could not divert my eyes (is that the proper English, gals?) Anyway, that silly off-key teen twit who took Album of the year... I am so tired of her. And to have her on stage ruining a performance by a legend like Stevie Nicks, I needed a barf bag. What does anyone see in her? Please, post a comment if you can explain that. I'm baffled. Now, on the opposing view of many, I actually enjoyed Pink's wild ass aerial antics. I was out of the room when it started and couldn't believe what I was seeing. So, thanks to DVR, I rewound and watched all of it. Then, I liked it so much I recorded it to DVD and watched it again. It improves with each viewing. What a bod and voice. I like her! And, I know the song she sang "Glitter in the Air" from her Funhouse CD. Lady GaGa, on the other hand, was a disappointment. I have enjoyed her flamboyance in the past, but dirty versions of her and Sir Elton (I mean dirty, literally-- streaked with coal dust or whatever that was) on their glitter didn't cut it for me. Too bad, and I didn't even know she won awards for best dance and trance records, both cuts off her famous "Fame" album. (yikes I started this mid morning, and realized late afternoon that I never posted.) OK, wrapping this up, Leon Russell, what a hoot to see him. I used to love him! That guy in the Zac Brown Band could sing. And, finally the tear-jerking comments from Prince Michael about his dad (MJ's) Lifetime Achievement Award, and the 3D "Earth Song" tribute to MJ was really why I watched.
Other Errata: Good grief, I'm simply horrified over the never-ending details emerging about John Edwards (sex tape? endless lying, disturbing comments about "when Elizabeth is gone!") I was very, very wrong about him. And, now it's hard to listen to Dave Matthews sing "You and Me" with those horrible images in my mind. There was more stuff, but I'm tired of pontificating (imagine that!) and should be novel writing.
Finally, check out that fun Shelfari thing-- just scroll UP a bit and glance over to the right. Thanks Mo, got if off that link you sent! I can promote my own novel there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was once an Edwards supporter Jami. Doug

ZenWoman said...

Me, too (to Doug) but OMG! It's not just the affair, but what I'm learning about his demeanor and treatment of those around him. Shocking!