Monday, February 22, 2010

Intrusion

Wow, the email post really stirred it up. Most reactions I've had in ages! Now, another topic to broach is the "too big to fly" controversy. I see it more as intrusion. Don't rush to judgement-- big can mean lots of things; linebacker big, 6'8" pro B-ball big, or just XXL. I'm not biased on how "big" someone is (other than close friends who I simply worry for their health. Of course, there are many lifestyle choices, too. Those who drink, do drugs, smoke! yech!) What I do care about is intrusion. I don't want a stranger's bod on my seat, or intruding into my space. I don't intend to fly any time soon, for a host of reasons. But, this isn't just limited to body size or flying.
I don't want someone picking their nose in close proximity, or sneezing, coughing on me, or touching me with their germs. I'm getting like Howie Mandel. I basically don't want to be confined to any tiny space with strangers, especially if they are encroaching on my space. So go on, y'all. Have a field day with that one...
And, sure. I'll debate here and in the public on any of these topics!

PS -- next up: Buddhism (as in Tiger's Woods proclamation.)

No comments: