Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 10: Wisdom

#reverb10 asks, "What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?" My first thought is, "What category? Health, Finances or Relationships?" As far as my health, which really is the most important matter of all (because without it, we have nothing) is to keep moving. I walk, do yoga and T'ai Chi Chih again, some pilates, and stretches. Staying fit is my wise choice for health. Next year I will add more veggies and work harder to improve my "fuel." My wisest financial decision was... well, I made one. But I don't think it would be too wise to describe it on the internet ;)

Actually, as I settle into thinking of true Wisdom, my wisest choice was probably participating in the Pema Chodron conference in October. Absorbing her extreme wisdom, which affects ALL areas of life, has had a lasting effect on my other choices. She reminds us to breathe, not to take things so seriously, to listen to our bodies and treat ourselves and others with respect and stay mindful. That's pretty wise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wisdom took a break this year: http://bit.ly/gJdM2i