Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 27: Ordinary Joy

Before I start with the reverb10 prompt, I want to acknowledge I've fallen a bit behind. You know, the holidays, for me both Christian and Buddhist, and much activity for both. I know, NO excuses and also no try, DO! But there are only so many hours in the day and I reached maximum capacity on a few of those days... Anyway, I have been scribbling in my hard copy journals and now I'll round out the year with some blogging. So today Reverb says, "Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?" Relaxing. So often I'm on deadline for writing projects, or some event. So when I can finally, truly relax, it's a blissful, ordinary joy. To curl up with a book for pleasure reading, rather than reading something I have to read for my publishing biz. This morning I had to finish an article and even now I'm overdue on reading another person's project, and what I really want to do is read a fun book. But I've told myself when I finish today's "work reading" -- and I will finish today-- I can read whatever I want tomorrow. Ahhh... that is an ordinary joy. Another one was getting in my van and just driving off, with my K9, to some beautiful nature spot. Not a big trip, but just a day drive to relax and absorb some sun and scenery. That's an ordinary joy. What's yours?

No comments: