Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 6: Make

Reverb asks us, "When was the last time you made something? What was it? Is there something you want to make?" Yes, as a matter of fact there is. I'm headiing out again today for some mats (photo frame mats) to finish a project I'm working on for my elderly friends. They have a life time of photos -- Ross was a professional photographer for many years. But, like many of us, his work is in boxes gathering dust. I already made copies of some of the best ones, and now with some matting, I'm helping them making Christmas gifts of these. Some of the people in them will be surprised, delighted I think. I'm also making a special montage for the photographer and his lovely wife, but they don't know that yet;) That will be part of their holiday gift this year. (They don't have web, so won't see this.)

The last thing I made was also for them. A pumpkin pie. For Mother's Day I made Sophie (his wife) a memory album. Some of these photos can go in there, also. I made quite a few artsy things last year, handmade journals, multi-media art pieces, but this year I really focused on making only one thing: my book, my novel. Now with it done, I can make a few things for the holidays and as always, I'll be making web pages, or entries on them at least.

No comments: