Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 13: Action

Reverb10 says, "When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?"

I'm pretty action oriented. I get up and get things done. It takes motivation to schedule yourself over and over at local book signings where if you're lucky a handful of people show up. But I must admit seeing the sign with my name on it Sunday was eerily reminiscent of the dream I had TEN years ago. In a dream I saw a sign, much like this, only it said "A Kindred Spirit" by EJ Morgan. That dream caused me to change the title of my novel and use my initials.

I made it happen. I could have just acknowledged the dream and then let it fade into the shadows, but to me it was truly a SIGN, an incredible metaphor that I needed to manifest the book. I did. So as Reverb asks, what is your NEXT step?

Well, I had another dream recently. I saw three more books -- a series. I saw the covers. I am going to manifest those books, too. And I've also noticed that two "guide books" have come along; books that I did not search for, but that just showed up. Each one has a year's worth of prompts and exercises. I could wait for 2011 to begin working with them, but I'm not. I'm starting today. That is my action!

No comments: