Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 11: Things

Oh boy, here's today's #reverb10 prompt: What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

Eleven, you say? Does a single bag of stuff count as one thing? First, these bags of paper and miscellaneous bric-a-brac must go. Brown paper grocery bags, or those new reusable kind, have devolved into "storage" for junk. With one or two per room there's probably 11 of those, alone. Then there are:
2) stacks of magazines 3) too many books (I love books, but yes we can have too many) 4) unsorted junk mail and other PAPER (old tax records) 5) clothes (stuff to keep needs to be on hangers and the rest must GO! donate or toss) 6) old jewelry (not jewels, but "junk" jewelry I've collected through the years) 7) pens (you have no idea how hard it is for me to say that, but truly too many, along with their refills, ink bottles) Why can't I just have my most collectible ones in wraps and a couple of cheap ones for purse and desk? 8) outside boxes with more stuff that has accumulated. How to get rid of all that in 2011? Just buckle down, sort, donate or toss. It shouldn't be that hard, but it's making time to do it; making junk removal a top priority next year. I commit to that! My life will be more efficient and happier with more space to breathe.

Now, these last three must be something other than physical "stuff."

9) mental garbage -- useless thoughts and wasted energy thinking about things that are either none of my business or things I can't control. let that go!

10) too much TV -- a little is okay, but I have become a 24 hour news junkie. I don't need that in 2011. It's stressful and unproductive.

11) crappy food -- I could cook more and eat better. More veggies, healthier meals. I dropped sugar-water sodas years ago. I drink unsweetened tea. I don't eat trans-fat, but I still eat too much fast or restaurant food. Now it's time to make my own healthier meals in 2011.

1 comment:

ZenWoman said...

Hey, this is pretty cool... wish I had thought to use this as a template for my THINGS:

* thing (from Dictionary.com)
[thing]
–noun

1. a material object without life or consciousness; an inanimate object.
2. some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot be specifically designated or precisely described: The stick had a brass thing on it.
3. anything that is or may become an object of thought: things of the spirit.
4. things, matters; affairs: Things are going well now.
5. a fact, circumstance, or state of affairs: It is a curious thing.
6. an action, deed, event, or performance: to do great things; His death was a horrible thing.
7. a particular, respect, or detail: perfect in all things.
8. aim; objective: The thing is to reach this line with the ball.
9. an article of clothing: I don't have a thing to wear.
10. things,
a. implements, utensils, or other articles for service: I'll wash the breakfast things.
b. personal possessions or belongings: Pack your things and go!
11. a task; chore: I've got a lot of things to do today.