Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 7: Community

Where have I found Community? I was going to write about my virtual and actual Sanghas (Buddhist communities), but since tomorrow is Bodhi Day, I'll save my Buddhist thoughts til then. I've certainly felt a sense of community with the Romero family over the past year. Here we are a year ago celebrating the holidays. Sophie's kitchen is a place where we enjoy food, friendship and certainly a sense of community. Dan's dining room is another. Sure wish I had snapped a shot of our recent pot roast dinner. We ate, laughed and enjoyed talking about books, wine and other shared interests.

As for 2011, I really see myself delving deeper into my spiritual groups. I will be working on a non-fiction book about religion, philosophy and spirituality. I have three local Kagyu Buddhist groups plus an online Sangha and having renewed my commitment to T'ai Chi Chih, this is the connection I see growing even stronger in the year ahead. Perhaps a little more subdued. Less emphasis on wine and intoxicants, more meditation.

No comments: